C.E.D.F. SPRING SNOW, ROSS GOOSE HUNTING COURSE
A true new way from the past and healthy dose of camaraderie and nature for all.
- Field safety and how to respect the land, air, water and wildlife.
- Learn how to Id birds by flight, size, shape and colour.
- Knowing birds in your hunting area is very important this will encourage your spirit to be successful in nature.
(Bird I.D. book for participants supplied)
- Set formations to decoy geese into proper shooting distance.
- Set for wind direction, angles and patterns
- Field first aid, field dressing and care for an injured.
CARE AND HANDLING OF GAME BIRDS
- Plucking Geese, how to Singe Geese, Proper washing and overnight hanging of Geese
- Cook a Goose, Stuffing that can be used for all birds or modified to taste for many game bird, Goose burgers and BBQ bake out
- Set up a basic camp
- Pack your supplies
- Start and maintain a fire with available resources
- Build Bird blinds for future use
INTRODUCTION TO C.E.D.’S AND THEIR HISTORY
WHAT TO BRING:
- Warm hunting clothing including hat and gloves- make sure to bring several layers as the mornings will be quite cold but the afternoons can be warm.
- Good boots and socks-we suggest comfortable, insulated waterproof boots as we may encounter snow, muddy fields and water
- Warm Parka
- Camera-you do not want to miss any Kodak moments
- Soft gun case or gun sock-for easy transport of your shotgun to the field, a hard case is not a problem if you choose not to bring a soft case
- Small backpack or blind bag-for in the field storage of snacks, cameras, and extra gear
- Hearing protection-it is always a good idea to protect your ears during a hunt
- Facemask-The better hidden you are the better your success
- Headlamp-Setting up decoys in the dark is a challenge without a good headlamp
- Binoculars (Optional)
- Other work type boots for dry ware
- Camo gear (White camo also)
- Field snacks/treats
- Goose calls
- Goose decoys (Optional)
- Blind building tools (Outdoor saw, knives ect.)
- Ice Burg Inn
- Sea Port Hotel
- Tundra Inn
Participants have choice of accommodation
(Cost of accommodations by participants)
REGISTRATION MAY 1ST DEADLINE
MAY 15TH TO JUNE 06TH
Registration fee: $3000 PER WEEK
Daily rate: $1500.00 FOR THREE DAYS
Course outline is 80% practical on the land, dress warm and be prepared to hunt.
Every participant must have Federal gun permits, Hunters course
and appropriate spring hunting license.